RANGE RULES AND SAFETY
- 50, 100, 150, 300 and 400 yard rifle range
- Trap range
- Pistol Range
- Club house and meeting room
When using or storing a gun, always follow these NRA rules:
- Know your target and what is beyond.
- Know how to use the gun safely.
- Be sure the gun is safe to operate.
- Use only the correct ammunition for your gun.
- Wear eye and ear protection as appropriate.
- Never use alcohol or over-the-counter, prescription or other drugs before or while shooting.
- Store guns so they are not accessible to unauthorized persons.
- Be aware that certain types of guns and many shooting activities require additional safety precautions.
- Regular cleaning is important in order for your gun to operate correctly and safely. Make absolutely sure that it is unloaded and the gun’s action should be open during the cleaning process.
The fundamental NRA rules for safe gun handling are:
.ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
ALWAYS keep the gun unloaded until ready to use.