2024 U.P. PREDATOR CHALLENGE
West Branch Sportsmen’s Club is happy to host “The U.P.’s Original Annual Predator Hunt” again in its 22nd year. The 2024 hunt will occur, January 25th – January 29th.
Detail will follow as time gets closer to the start. Check Back For Updates.
UP Predator Challenge Fees
Teams will consist of 1 or 2 hunters
Registration $40 per hunter ($80 per team)
Heaviest Coyote (optional)
Fee to enter heaviest coyote competition $5 per hunter ($10 per team)
Online Payment (optional)
Additional fee if you pay by PayPal $3 per hunter ($6 per team)
UP PREDATOR CHALLENGE RULES
These rules are established to make the hunt enjoyable, challenging experience for all participants. All participants are expected to hunt in a sportsman’s like manner observing all federal, state and local laws. Failure to abide by these rules will result in disqualification of entire team and forfeiture of registration fees.
UP Predator Challenge, the organizers, sponsors, and West Branch Sportsman’s Club are not liable for accidents or damages to participants. All participation’s must sign a Liability Waiver to participate, those refusing to do so will not be allowed to compete and forfeit registration fees.
Teams will consist of 1 to 2 people.
1. Contest will begin and end at the designated time and place. No Early Starts. MANDATORY HUNTER CHECK IN!
2. No road kills will be accepted.
3. All participants must have current State of Michigan appropriate hunting license(s) and abide by all game laws. (Fox and Bobcat require Fur Harvesters license)
4. Any predator with trap or snare marks will be disqualified.
5. Predators must be harvested in Michigan.
6. All predators will be registered at West Branch Sportsmen ‘s Club, 1888 Engman Lake Road, Skandia.
7. Appointed judges will have final determination of any discrepancies and disqualifications.
8. No minors under legal hunting age are allowed to hunt, accompany hunters, or participate in any way. Minors over legal hunting age must register with an adult team member, they will not be allowed to hunt alone or with another minor. Minors must have a Liability Waiver signed by parent or legal guardian to participate.
9. Use of dogs is prohibited. Calling, stalking, and baiting are only acceptable methods.
10. All participants must have paid registration and signed liability release form to participate in hunt.
11. Winners are determined by point system:
Bounty for Each Animal:
*BOBCAT 30 Points
*COYOTE 25 Points
*FOX 20 Points (no preference to species)
In the event of a tie, total weight of all predators will determine the winner. If total weight does not break tie, then first to check in will win the tie.